Data Protection Law
Digitalization of all areas of life, which is developing ever more rapidly, has been accelerated even further by far-reaching economic and social changes, in particular caused by the covid-19 pandemic. We are living in an information society that is becoming ever more digitalized, and in which not only data itself but above all the protection of the same is becoming more and more important, both in private lives and in business. Dealing properly with personal data, e.g., client data, staff, or supplier data not only creates legal certainty but most of all trust. Numerous data protection regulations, including those of the GDPR and the Austrian Data Protection Act [Datenschutzgesetz/DSG], must be considered. fwp has many years of expertise in the field of data protection and will support you in all matters regarding the processing of personal data.
Key Services and Practice Areas
- Preparation of data protection statements
- Preparation of data protection policies
- Preparation of contracts relating to data protection law, such as data processing agreements, joint controller agreements, etc.
- Preparation of directories of processing activities
- Preparation of declarations of consent
- Implementation of erasure concepts
- Advice in data breach matters
- Advice in connection with data protection impact assessments
- Advice in connection with enquiries from data subjects
- Advice on the conflicting areas of data protection vs. labor and employment law
- Reviewing data protection concepts in place for compliance with the provisions of the GDPR and the DSG
- Data processing checks
- Representation in proceedings before public authorities or courts, and complaints procedures