COVID-19 act: Innovations for accommodation establishments and events
07/02/2020 - Reading time: 2 minutes
From 29.5.2020, accommodation establishments may open their doors again. The following points must be considered:
- A distance of at least one meter must be kept from other persons who do not live in the same household or with whom one does not share a room ("guest group in the same accommodation unit"). This regulation does not apply if the risk of infection can be minimized by suitable measures for spatial separation (e.g. Plexiglas pane).
- For accommodation establishments with a spa area, the COVID 19 facilitations regulation refers to the provisions for spas. The operator has to evaluate his obligations (hygienically sound operation and bathing regulations) and adapt his measures and the bathing regulations according to the state of the art. The Federal Ministry has already issued extensive recommendations (see https://www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at/beherbergung/). The minimum distance must also be maintained in the spa area.
From 29.5.2020, events with up to 100 people can be held. This includes cultural events, sporting events and weddings. The maximum number of persons is to be gradually extended, although there are also differences as to whether it is an event with or without allocated seats:
- Events without allocated and marked seats may only accommodate 100 persons. As of 1.8.2020, events without assigned and marked seats are permitted with up to 200 persons.
- As of 1.7.2020, events with allocated and marked seating are permitted in enclosed rooms with up to 250 people and in the open air with up to 500 people. Persons who are required to carry out the event are not to be included in these maximum numbers.
- From 1.8.2020, the number of persons for events with allocated seats indoors will increase to 500 people and in the open air to up to 750 people.
- With the approval of the locally responsible district administrative authority for the venue, events with assigned seating can also be held indoors with up to 1000 people and outdoors with up to 1250 people as of 1.8.2020. From 1.9.2020, with the approval of the locally responsible district administrative authority, the number of persons for events with allocated seats can be increased to up to 5,000 persons indoors and up to 10,000 persons outdoors.
- A COVID-19 prevention concept is necessary. When granting authorization, the authority must also take into account the epidemiological situation in the area of the event and the capacity of the local competent health authority in the event of a necessary contact tracing due to a suspected case of disease or illness at the event.
For the realization of an event, the following must be considered:
- For events with more than 100 people or from 1.8.2020 with over 200 persons, the organizer must appoint a COVID-19 representative and draw up a COVID-19 prevention concept. This concept must in particular contain specifications for the training of employees and measures to minimize the risk of infection, such as regulations concerning the administration of food and drinks or the use of sanitary facilities.
- At events, a distance of one meter must always be kept from other people who do not live in the same household.
- In addition, when entering venues in closed rooms, mouth and nose protection must be worn. However, this does not apply while in your assigned seat, as long as the distance of one meter is not fallen short of. At events in closed rooms without assigned seats, e.g. opening of an exhibition, mouth and nose protection must also be worn.